The student news site of Stockholm International School

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

Language of the Moment - Japanese
Language of the Moment - Japanese
Sara A., Reporter

I am sure by now you have seen the various posters and displays throughout the school showcasing Japanese culture, and you might be wondering...

Women in STEM - Part 3 - Dr Saha
Women in STEM - Part 3 - Dr Saha
Naz T. and Irene F.

To clone organisms, travel the world for your work and explore the minute details of life may sound like the plot of an adventurous science fiction...

Kiki’s Delivery Service: A Japanese Animation in Sweden
Selin T., Reporter

Kiki’s Delivery Service is a heartwarming animated movie that was released in 1989 by one of Japan’s biggest animation studios, Studio Ghibli....

Record Store Day 2024
Record Store Day 2024
Juliette D., Reporter

This coming Saturday (April 20th), Record Store Day is being celebrated in independent record stores worldwide. Although this celebration has...

Lorenzo
An Accomplished Array of Art at the House's Exhibition
Juliette D., Reporter

An Art Exhibition was hosted at Norra Latin by the house system in collaboration with the Arts department to showcase SIS’s incredible array...

Upcoming Movies: What to expect for 2024

Don’t know what to see at the movies? Selin T. has some suggestions.

Dune 2 (2024)

Dune 2, the sequel to the Academy Award-winning movie Dune (2021), follows on the cliffhanger that its prequel left on. Paul Atreides, played by Timothée Chalamet, goes on a thrilling adventure where he joins Chani and the Fremen on a journey to avenge the traitors who broke up his family 20 years ago. In order to prevent a terrible future only he can predict, he must choose between the love of his life and the fate of this dystopian world the movie takes place in. The synopsis alone sounds quite exciting and raises questions as to which path the protagonist will take. With the recognition the first movie gained, the sequel will deliver an equally if not more exhilarating experience as it captivates its audience with the continuing journey of Paul Atreides in the dystopian realm.

Click to view the trailer

Mission Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part Two (2025)

Remember our previous article about why Mission Impossible – Dead Reckoning is the best out of the series? Well, now it’s time to talk about the long-awaited sequel which is set to come out next year. This sequel is not only expected to surpass the sky-high expectations set by its prequel because of its inciting storyline, jaw-dropping stunts, and Tom Cruise’s return to the lead role of Ethan Hunt but also because it holds the key to resolving the cliffhanger from the previous installment that left viewers at the edge of their seats. Currently, there isn’t a trailer available for the film.

Spider-man: Beyond the Spider-Verse (2024)

Beyond the Spider-Verse serves as a sequel to the two-part story it creates together with Across the Spider-Verse. The movie follows the storyline of the prequel which left fans stunned with a cliffhanger ending. Expect to be reunited with fan-favorite characters such as Gwen Stacy, Miles Morales, and many of the newly introduced alternative universe, or as the movie refers to ‘Spider-Verse’, characters. How will they prevent the Multiverse from being destroyed?

Click to view the trailer

Inside Out 2 (2024)

Remember the adventure Riley and her emotions embarked upon when her life took an unexpected turn? Now we get to follow Riley in her teenage years as she encounters new complex emotions. Get ready to meet Ennui, Embarrassment, and Envy in the new sequel set to come out early this summer.

Click to view the trailer 

Other noticeable mentions:  

• Joker: Folie à Deux 
  • Mufasa: The Lion King
  • Beetlejuice 2 
  • Gladiator 2 
  • Mean Girls
  • A Quiet Place: Day 1 
  • Deadpool 3