The student news site of Stockholm International School

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

Goodbyes and see you laters
Goodbyes and see you laters
Gioia S., Editor-in-chief

In Sweden, it is tradition that the graduating class dresses in white and leaves the school’s doors one last time to commemorate the end...

Impressive End to the Personal Project
Impressive End to the Personal Project
Gioia S. and Bruno R.

This year’s Grade 10 cohort was described as “special” by Miss Gonzalez, coordinator of the personal project at SIS, as it was the...

Inspirational Poetry - The Game Cartridge

The Game Cartridge Inspired by 'Woman Work' by Maya Angelou   The bits to load  The pins to connect, A plastic case,  To guard,...

Grade 11 Take Over at the Irish Embassy !
Gioia S. and David L.

On the 16th of May, some students in Grade 11 took part in a visit to the Irish Embassy in Sweden. This amazing opportunity, presented by Miss...

Euro 2024 - Everything You Need To Know About
Bruno R., Reporter

Cities and Stadiums Throughout the first half of the school holiday, between June 14 and July 14, 24 countries will play across 10 stadiums...

Changing Seasons Captured by SIS Students

Prior to the winter break the QQ Photo Competition had commenced. It was open to all students from grade 6 to 12, who had the opportunity to show-off their amazing photography skills. The theme of this photo competition was to photograph what best captures winter in Stockholm. Whether it was the sunsets we kept seeing, the snow itself or anything else related to this theme was up to the participants to decide.

Before we announce the winners, we would like to thank all of the participants who captured Sweden in the winter and really managed to take advantage of this opportunity to present their amazing photography skills. The participants took pictures of amazing skylines, buildings and trees covered in snow, sunsets in various colours and so much more!

These pictures were so remarkable that they will be on display down in the cafeteria for everyone to see their amazing photography. 

As for the winners, five finalists will be chosen by teachers in the Art department and then all students will be able to vote for the winner.  Look out for our article next week announcing the finalists.

View Comments (4)