The student news site of Stockholm International School

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

Goodbyes and see you laters
Goodbyes and see you laters
Gioia S., Editor-in-chief

In Sweden, it is tradition that the graduating class dresses in white and leaves the school’s doors one last time to commemorate the end...

Impressive End to the Personal Project
Impressive End to the Personal Project
Gioia S. and Bruno R.

This year’s Grade 10 cohort was described as “special” by Miss Gonzalez, coordinator of the personal project at SIS, as it was the...

Inspirational Poetry - The Game Cartridge

The Game Cartridge Inspired by 'Woman Work' by Maya Angelou   The bits to load  The pins to connect, A plastic case,  To guard,...

Grade 11 Take Over at the Irish Embassy !
Gioia S. and David L.

On the 16th of May, some students in Grade 11 took part in a visit to the Irish Embassy in Sweden. This amazing opportunity, presented by Miss...

Euro 2024 - Everything You Need To Know About
Bruno R., Reporter

Cities and Stadiums Throughout the first half of the school holiday, between June 14 and July 14, 24 countries will play across 10 stadiums...

Dune 2: A Poor Adaptation or Worthy Watch?

Find out here if the second adaptation of the Dune series is worth watching.
First+Dune+book+
Carolina L.
First Dune book

“Dune: Part 2″, has recently been released in theaters, an almost three-hour-long sequel directed by Denis Villeneuve. Building upon the foundation laid in the first part, this film delves deeper into the beautiful world of Arrakis and its main character Paul Atreides, played by Timothée Chalamet.

The cinematography in Dune is stunning, capturing the vastness and beauty of the desert while also allowing the interplay between politics and morals to unfold. Accompanied by the haunting and visceral music of Hans Zimmer, the movie is a must-watch. 

Nevertheless, the film has flaws as the pacing is often rushed, despite the long runtime. The heavy worldbuilding – and a ton of complicated names, other than the main character, Paul – may be challenging for viewers unfamiliar with the source material, the “Dune” book series. It is challenging to incorporate the proper amount of material from the book while still keeping the same feeling, and so that is unfortunately often to be expected. However, Villeneuve’s meticulous attention to detail ensures that even the most intricate plot points are handled tactfully. 

I remember sitting in the movie theater, the vastness of the movie simply blowing me away. You could feel the terrifying tremors of the sandworms as they tunneled through the sand; and see the shimmer of the spice fields; the architecture of the Great Houses. Overall, I would say “Dune: Part 2” is a triumph visually in every aspect, every shot infused with something new to take in, but it is lacking in story. However, it is still a worthy watch, and I encourage anyone interested in sci-fi to watch it.