Behind the Scenes of Career Day

Career day is an important day where guest speakers, working in many different fields come to the three buildings of SIS to speak about their journey throughout their careers. The purpose of career day is to inspire students from hearing about obstacles and hard work as told by the guest speakers.

After listening to the speakers, we interviewed some students to assess the variety of career interests at SIS. 10th grader Johanna W. currently has very little of idea what she wants to do in her future, but she does know that she wants to be able to help people. 9th grader Emily A. wants to have a career in the equestrian science field. Another 9th grader, Alexandra, wants to either become a writer or a lawyer.

Ms. Wegdell also contributed her thoughts on the outcome of the day. Overall, the day was thought to be an overwhelming success.

“What’s important is to get a cross section of careers, and to get students more involved,” said Ms. Wegdell. It was important to find a variety of people so students got a range of insights for their personal interests. Career day occurs every other year so that it becomes an event that students look forward to and process more efficiently.

Rachel C also had very positive thoughts on career day. She did, also, highlight the how the parent community was forthcoming. Half of the speakers were parents, and half  of them are not. She was very pleased how happy the parents were to come and speak to the students. They have interesting stories and students enjoy hearing these stories.