The student news site of Stockholm International School

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

Undersecretary Generals Reflect on SISMUN 2024
Selin T. and Sreelehya M.

David N. David has been a part of MUN since 8th grade when he first joined this school. He decided to aim for a position as a board member...

How does it feel to be multilingual?
How does it feel to be multilingual?
Sara A., Reporter

Qu'est-ce que ça fait d'être multilingue ? Personnellement, je suis Marocaine, mais j’ai grandi dans le système scolaire français, mais...

Reporters Bruno R. and Laura Z.
Multingualism Rules
Bruno R. and Laura Z.

The fleeting sun - the final winner (Captured by Lina (10C))
We finally have a winner for the QQ Photo Comp!
Noémie Littfass, PR

Congratulations to Lina (10C), for her picture capturing the magnificent ‘Fleeting Sun’. Her photograph truly caught the attention of many...

Kinship through Multilingualism
Kinship through Multilingualism
Noah R., Reporter

French Parler plusieurs langues différentes me permet de faire plusieurs choses. Premièrement, cela me permet de me sentir plus à l'aise...

Checkmate! A Chess Tournament to Remember

Chess
Noel C.
Chess

The SIS chess tournament which took place in Täby some weeks ago, was an impressive battle of wits and skills. While not just a competitive game of out-smarting your opponent, chess is also enjoyed as a leisure activity and many competitors have a personal connection to the game. One chess competitor, Aditya Choudhary, has a long and sentimental history of playing chess with his dad. “Every Saturday he used to teach me…and eventually I learned how to move the pieces and I used to play against him.” Times playing with his father eventually prepared him for SIS’s chess tournament. It wasn’t another casual match, this match had a unique time pressure. “I’d never played with a clock,” Choudhary said, “when I saw the clock I started to hesitate”. Initial nerves created a few rocky starts for our competitors, but their perseverance succeeded in scoring a win.

Chess at SIS doesn’t start and end with this tournament. Vladimir Poley, Chess GrandMaster, is coming to SIS to teach chess enthusiasts on Tuesday after school. Keep an eye out for future chess tournaments, including the House Tournament this November