The student news site of Stockholm International School

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

Undersecretary Generals Reflect on SISMUN 2024
Selin T. and Sreelehya M.

David N. David has been a part of MUN since 8th grade when he first joined this school. He decided to aim for a position as a board member...

How does it feel to be multilingual?
How does it feel to be multilingual?
Sara A., Reporter

Qu'est-ce que ça fait d'être multilingue ? Personnellement, je suis Marocaine, mais j’ai grandi dans le système scolaire français, mais...

Reporters Bruno R. and Laura Z.
Multingualism Rules
Bruno R. and Laura Z.

The fleeting sun - the final winner (Captured by Lina (10C))
We finally have a winner for the QQ Photo Comp!
Noémie Littfass, PR

Congratulations to Lina (10C), for her picture capturing the magnificent ‘Fleeting Sun’. Her photograph truly caught the attention of many...

Kinship through Multilingualism
Kinship through Multilingualism
Noah R., Reporter

French Parler plusieurs langues différentes me permet de faire plusieurs choses. Premièrement, cela me permet de me sentir plus à l'aise...

Oppenheimer a Perfect, Precise Masterpiece.

We are still catching up on the movies from summer. Here is QQ’s review of Oppenheimer.
Oppenheimer
Illustrator:Noel C.
Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer is a cinematic masterpiece that deserves to be mentioned alongside the greats of scientific biopics. This movie is a biography of J. Robert Oppenheimer’s life and work. 

The movie pays close attention to even the smallest details, giving us a close look at Oppenheimer’s life. Some might think the first 30 minutes are a bit slow, but there’s a surprise twist by Christopher Nolan, and the music by Ludwig Göransson is really smart and fantastic. Even though it’s a long movie, it shows how committed Nolan is to telling Oppenheimer’s story thoroughly.

Cillian Murphy delivers a phenomenal performance as Oppenheimer, capturing the essence of a scientist with bold ideas and a natural leadership style. Nolan’s direction skilfully portrays the tension between characters and the unfolding events. 

The music by Ludwig Göransson is a big part of what makes the movie so great. It adds to the overall experience. Christopher Nolan’s direction is top-notch, with courtroom scenes, chaos, and clever editing that blends past, present, and future moments seamlessly.

The film’s attention to minute details is remarkable, with Albert Einstein’s role and conversations being a major highlight. In summary, Oppenheimer is a perfect, precise masterpiece. Christopher Nolan and his exceptional cast and crew have created an outstanding work of art that will be remembered for years to come. Oppenheimer is a must-watch for anyone who appreciates the craft of filmmaking.