The student news site of Stockholm International School

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

Language of the Moment - Japanese
Language of the Moment - Japanese
Sara A., Reporter

I am sure by now you have seen the various posters and displays throughout the school showcasing Japanese culture, and you might be wondering...

Women in STEM - Part 3 - Dr Saha
Women in STEM - Part 3 - Dr Saha
Naz T. and Irene F.

To clone organisms, travel the world for your work and explore the minute details of life may sound like the plot of an adventurous science fiction...

Kiki’s Delivery Service: A Japanese Animation in Sweden
Selin T., Reporter

Kiki’s Delivery Service is a heartwarming animated movie that was released in 1989 by one of Japan’s biggest animation studios, Studio Ghibli....

Record Store Day 2024
Record Store Day 2024
Juliette D., Reporter

This coming Saturday (April 20th), Record Store Day is being celebrated in independent record stores worldwide. Although this celebration has...

Lorenzo
An Accomplished Array of Art at the House's Exhibition
Juliette D., Reporter

An Art Exhibition was hosted at Norra Latin by the house system in collaboration with the Arts department to showcase SIS’s incredible array...

Why is “Mission Impossible 7 – Dead Reckoning” the Best out of the Series?

QQ reporter Selin T. shares her review of the new Mission Impossible movie!
Mission+Impossible+Poster+
Emry P.
Mission Impossible Poster

Mission Impossible 7 is a must watch movie of 2023. The American spy action film directed by Christopher McQuarrie, the director of the previous two movies, is a sequel to Mission Impossible – Fallout (2018) and a prequel of the upcoming 8th instalment of the series, Dead Reckoning Part Two. The movie features Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt, the protagonist of the series, and includes several new exciting characters. 

This movie might be by far the best out of the series, not to mention that it is the highest rated. We are reunited with fan favourite characters and meet many new characters who, by the end of the movie, we end up liking just as much. The rush this movie brings the viewer is like no other as lives of important characters are put at stake and Ethan must make a choice between the mission and the people he cares about most. The mission itself is very demanding as Ethan must obtain not only a single key but two parts of a key that complete eachother. On top of all this, he must learn what the key unlocks, something only the villains of the movie know. 

Overall, it was a great watch during the summer days. Stay tuned for Dead Reckoning Part Two set to come out in summer of next year.

Want to watch the movie but haven’t seen any of the previous movies? Fortunately, the seventh and eighth movies in the Mission Impossible series will work as a single story. This means that if you watch the seventh movie, you can also watch the upcoming movie in 2024 without having to watch the whole series.