The student news site of Stockholm International School

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

Making an Impact: The 2024 Nepal project trip
Gioia S., Reporter/Editor

The Nepal project embarked on its annual trip to Nepal in February, bringing along a group of 12 students, including myself. The members of this...

Learning One of the Hardest Languages: A Basic Guide to Japanese
Selin T., Reporter

In honour of the Language of the Moment: showcasing Japanese, I wanted to come forth as a Japanese learner and offer insights from my journey...

Language of the Moment - Japanese
Language of the Moment - Japanese
Sara A., Reporter

I am sure by now you have seen the various posters and displays throughout the school showcasing Japanese culture, and you might be wondering...

Women in STEM - Part 3 - Dr Saha
Women in STEM - Part 3 - Dr Saha
Naz T. and Irene F.

To clone organisms, travel the world for your work and explore the minute details of life may sound like the plot of an adventurous science fiction...

Kiki’s Delivery Service: A Japanese Animation in Sweden
Selin T., Reporter

Kiki’s Delivery Service is a heartwarming animated movie that was released in 1989 by one of Japan’s biggest animation studios, Studio Ghibli....

Exciting preparation for MUN

We’re off, MUN has begun!
Schedule for MUN

To prepare for the MUN conference we spoke to a few upper grade students in grade 10 and grade 11.

In grade 10 she told me that she has “been preparing by writing a position paper for my IAS. The teacher introduced MUN to us a week before the winter holidays and the due date was a week after the winter holidays. I got a template from the teacher and had dedicated time in class. They gave us a form to choose which committee to join and country, and from there I was assigned.”  When I asked if she had enjoyed it she replied, “No I have not. The position paper was hard to write, especially because I had never done it before. The hardest part was the research, and it wasn’t specific enough as to what type of water sanitation was meant (tap, cleaning, etc)”

“I will get my paper back and graded and with comments, so that I can change it before the conference. It’s obligatory for everyone to speak, so I am a bit nervous to take the stand.” 

In grade 11, the students prepared during advisory for a few weeks before. The student told me that he, “did research on Thursday during the advisory period, but most of it was done at home. We did one presentation during advisory to show that we had done some research, but the general feeling was that we are going to be the leaders and chairs, as we are in DP”. “Have you enjoyed the process? How was the preparation for Friday?” “It has been very stressful, but I have participated in MUN before so that made the preparation smoother. I am also very interested in the topic that my committee discusses so I feel confident for Friday”. 

We wish you all the best of luck with your research and position papers!