The student news site of Stockholm International School

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

Undersecretary Generals Reflect on SISMUN 2024
Selin T. and Sreelehya M.

David N. David has been a part of MUN since 8th grade when he first joined this school. He decided to aim for a position as a board member...

How does it feel to be multilingual?
How does it feel to be multilingual?
Sara A., Reporter

Qu'est-ce que ça fait d'être multilingue ? Personnellement, je suis Marocaine, mais j’ai grandi dans le système scolaire français, mais...

Reporters Bruno R. and Laura Z.
Multingualism Rules
Bruno R. and Laura Z.

The fleeting sun - the final winner (Captured by Lina (10C))
We finally have a winner for the QQ Photo Comp!
Noémie Littfass, PR

Congratulations to Lina (10C), for her picture capturing the magnificent ‘Fleeting Sun’. Her photograph truly caught the attention of many...

Kinship through Multilingualism
Kinship through Multilingualism
Noah R., Reporter

French Parler plusieurs langues différentes me permet de faire plusieurs choses. Premièrement, cela me permet de me sentir plus à l'aise...

The Return of Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory!

Sara A.
Wonka Movie Display

In December, the new film Wonka was finally released and out in cinemas here in Sweden. This movie was directed by Paul King and produced by David Heyman, Alexandra Derbyshire, and Luke Kelly. Starring Timothée Chalamet as Willy Wonka, the main lead in the movie. 

Wonka is a prequel to the original 1971 film starring Gene Wilder, which dives deep into the origin story behind the famous chocolate factory. The film focuses on the past of the main character, Willy Wonka, in the early days of his chocolate-making career, before he became famous. 

The film’s use of iconic songs from previous movies such as “Pure Imagination” and “Oompa Loompa” song created a nostalgic feeling to the movie. Its attention to detail in the design of the costumes, the props, and the set pieced everything together.

I really enjoyed the movie, particularly for its captivating choreography during the dance sequences and the introduction of intriguing new characters. What stood out to me most was the film’s ability to keep me on the edge of my seat; I found myself eagerly wanting to discover more of the plot. I also loved the comedic and witty dialogue between the characters.

This movie marks the third live-action film to be based on Roald Dahl’s famous novel, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, following previous movies such as Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, released in 1971 and 2005, respectively.

Timothée Chalamet was even nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy and the movie also received two Critics’ Choice Award nominations for Best Young Actor/Actress for Calah Lane, who played the role of a supporting character called Noodle, and an award for Costume Design as well.