The student news site of Stockholm International School

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

The Quirky Quibbler

Undersecretary Generals Reflect on SISMUN 2024
Selin T. and Sreelehya M.

David N. David has been a part of MUN since 8th grade when he first joined this school. He decided to aim for a position as a board member...

How does it feel to be multilingual?
How does it feel to be multilingual?
Sara A., Reporter

Qu'est-ce que ça fait d'être multilingue ? Personnellement, je suis Marocaine, mais j’ai grandi dans le système scolaire français, mais...

Reporters Bruno R. and Laura Z.
Multingualism Rules
Bruno R. and Laura Z.

The fleeting sun - the final winner (Captured by Lina (10C))
We finally have a winner for the QQ Photo Comp!
Noémie Littfass, PR

Congratulations to Lina (10C), for her picture capturing the magnificent ‘Fleeting Sun’. Her photograph truly caught the attention of many...

Kinship through Multilingualism
Kinship through Multilingualism
Noah R., Reporter

French Parler plusieurs langues différentes me permet de faire plusieurs choses. Premièrement, cela me permet de me sentir plus à l'aise...

MUN Trip to Berlin

Nine of my fellow upper school students and I traveled to Berlin to partake in BERMUN (Berlin Model United Nations) hosted by the John F. Kennedy School from November 14th to November 19th. We had four days of committee sessions and we discussed some of the world’s most pressing issues with students from all over the world to come up with innovative solutions while representing countries with vastly different beliefs. 

We represented three different countries, Austria, The Philippines, and The Democratic Republic of the Congo as well as judges in the International Court of Justice. We discussed topics ranging from phasing out environmentally harmful subsidies to minimizing income inequality. A 10th-grade student who attended the trip said “This was one of the best trips I’ve ever had. I genuinely enjoyed every single bit of it”. This was an opinion held by many, if not all, of the attendees. 

We also visited some of Berlin’s most interesting tourist attractions, such as the TV tower, the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the Brandenburg Gate, and more. A highlight of the trip for me was our walking tour down Karl-Marx-Alle and learning about the rich history of Berlin. 

Special thanks to Ms. McCluskey and Ms. Eadon for working hard to make the trip fulfilling for everyone.